Sunday, October 27, 2013

OSE: Ironworker disassembly and documentation

OSE: What I've been up to recently

First off, an amazing video of me testing the backhoe in the shop and Marcin discussing our outdoor testing.

Then a series of short, not-quite-as-exciting videos from today of us disassembling the ironworker so we can reassemble it with thicker metal to try to fix the bending problem, and creating detailed assembly instructions as we went:

And here's a quick summary of all the stuff I've been doing out here over the month:

I worked on the backhoe 3 for a couple of weeks, redesigning a bunch of it and building it. Now I'm finishing up the ironworker 3. If I have time after that before I leave on Wed, I'd really like to take a quick pass at getting the torch table up and running. I'm also cleaning up the wiki, helping with assembly guides, and trying to improve various tools and processes (eg using github for issue tracking). And I've spent a bit of time working on the microhouse and fixing odds and ends at the hablab. Holy shit that's a lot of stuff!!!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Monday, October 7, 2013

OSE: Microhouse Overview

Here's a post on the OSE blog with an overview of the Microhouse project and what I was doing for most of last week.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Open Source Ecology Work Log

If you're interested in the details of what I'm working on at Factor E Farm, keep an eye on I'll still try to post interesting pictures here though.

Friday, October 4, 2013

OSE: Plastering the Microhouse